The Earth is in serious trouble, and save environmental slogans are just a start at spreading awareness, which will spark the changes our planet so desperately needs. The speed of global warming is increasing, and Arctic ice is melting. Americans are realizing the danger at hand and are stepping forward to make changes.
The Most Well-known Save Environment Slogans
Perhaps the most well known protect the environment slogan is “Reduce, Reuse, Recycle,” or the three R’s. This slogan is well known for its symbolic of three arrows in the shape of a triangle.
- Reduce. Simply limit your consumption. Choose products that don’t have a lot of excess packaging. Carpool or bike to reduce use of gas. Turn off the lights and water when not in use. American society is so heavy on consumerism; we can make a big change by just not buying things that we don’t need.
- Reuse. Rather than purchasing a new item, try to find something that can be reused for the purpose at hand. Before throwing an item in the trash, consider whether that item can be reused for another purpose.
- Recycle. Use your community’s recycling program and look for other ways to recycle. For example, you can collect the empty juice pouches from your child’s school and send them in to TerraCycle. TerraCycle will use them to make backpacks, pencil cases, bags, and more. In return, TerraCycle pays $.02 per pouch to your school or non-profit organization.
Save the Environment Slogans and Save Forest Images
Another classic environmental slogan comes from Woodsy Owl, a mascot for the U.S. Forest Service. Woodsy was designed for the first Earth Day in 1970 and is known for the motto, “Give a hoot, don’t pollute.” In 2006, Woodsy got a new look and a new slogan: “Lend a hand – Care for the land.”
Smokey the Bear has encouraged children and adults alike with the slogan “Only you can prevent forest fires.” Smokey is another mascot for the U.S. Forest Service, and was created back in 1944.
Smokey’s original slogan was “Care will prevent 9 out of 10 forest fires,” but it was modified to the more well-known version in 1947. In addition to his slogan, Smokey is known for his save the forest image in posters where he wears jeans and a forest ranger’s hat.
Save the Environment Slogans and Save Environment Quotes
In addition to the catchy save the environment slogans that so many Americans are familiar with, there are many save environment quotes that are lesser known, but worthy of our attention.
- “There is a sufficiency in the world for man’s need, but not for man’s greed.” – Gandhi
- “We never know the worth of water til the well is dry.” – Thomas Fuller
- “We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors; we borrow it from our children.” – Native American proverb
- “We cannot command Nature except by obeying her.” – Francis Bacon